Welcome to the official Lincoln Continental Club
- approved by the Lincoln Motor Company -

Custom Search

The 2017 Lincoln Continental Forum is Here

Welcome to Lincoln Continental Forum - Lincoln Continental Registry

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to the Lincoln Continental Forum and the Lincoln Continental Club. Like most online communities, you must register to create topics or post in our community. The sign up process is simple, fast, free and requires minimal information for you to signup.

Lincoln Continental Club Benefits Include:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create photo albums and post photos. . .more!
Click here to create an account or login with Posted Image

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

2017 Continental specs

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   brucelinc

brucelinc

MKS Member

• Continental Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 617 posts
  • 2017+ Continental Owners:3.0L GTID
  • Current Vehicle:2017 Continental Reserve 3.0
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationMinneapolis

Posted 14 March 2016 - 01:30 PM

Does anyone know the body specifications of the 2017 Continental - wheelbase, overall length, weight, etc?  

#2 OFFLINE   brucelinc

brucelinc

MKS Member

• PipPip
  • 617 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis

Posted 16 March 2016 - 02:38 PM

I saw a 2017 Continental at the Minneapolis auto show yesterday.  Unfortunately, the color was Jade and it was NOT a good color for a show.  The interior and even the wood trim had a greenish tint.  It really looked like a company car for the forestry service.   :)  The vehicle looked absolutely bland compared to other vehicles on display.  The car was a pre-production model and was locked so I couldn't sit in it.   I would have loved to see one in a more expressive color.

The Lincoln personnel on hand didn't seem to know much about the car.   I was told that it would have aluminum hood, front fenders and trunk lid and that it would be MUCH lighter than an MKS.  That would indicate pretty strong performance with the 400 HP engine - assuming his information is correct.

#3 OFFLINE   LincolnClient

LincolnClient

• Official Lincoln
  • 12 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2017 Lincoln Continental
  • LocationDecline

Posted 16 March 2016 - 09:32 PM

Does anyone know the body specifications of the 2017 Continental - wheelbase, overall length, weight, etc?  

Good evening brucelinc,

I wanted to drop in and let you know that some of the information you're discussing will be released in mid-April. I will keep my eyes peeled here in my office for the updates.

It's getting exciting around here!  :)

Todd

Lincoln Social Media Concierge

• brucelinc likes this

#4 OFFLINE   EcoBoost

EcoBoost

• Pip
  • 55 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2015 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid & 2015 Grand Cherokee Summit
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationTampa Bay, FL

Posted 21 March 2016 - 12:59 AM

It's getting exciting around here!  :)

Todd

Lincoln Social Media Concierge

Hi Todd, thanks for being here!

Let me start with a though(er) question:

Is the Conti going to be offered with a Heads Up Display (HUD) and if not, why did Lincoln change their mind to NOT offer it in the end? I do know for a fact that it was on the menu at one point in time.

I know that this sounds like a strange question but after all, this picture was taken from an official Continental brochure. Can you see what I can see? ;) 

A 'HUD"-button on the steering wheel. the auto-show models, BTW, have a 'DISP' button now instead...

2l9tvut.jpg

Edited by EcoBoost, 21 March 2016 - 01:23 AM.

x4qdqb.jpg2015 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid Reserve, Ruby Red Metallic, Light Dune interior, Technology Package, Panoramic Roof, 19" Painted Pockets Wheels, Multi-Contour Seats, THX Audio.
n15opi.jpg2015 Grand Cherokee Summit 3.6L 4x4, Bright White, Dark Brown interior, Platinum Package, CD-Player.

#5 OFFLINE   scorpion

scorpion

Continental Member

• PipPip
  • 102 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Mark VIII
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 21 March 2016 - 04:46 PM

Is the Conti going to be offered with a Heads Up Display (HUD) and if not, why did Lincoln change their mind to NOT offer it in the end? I do know for a fact that it was on the menu at one point in time.

I know that this sounds like a strange question but after all, this picture was taken from an official Continental brochure. Can you see what I can see? ;)

A 'HUD"-button on the steering wheel. the auto-show models, BTW, have a 'DISP' button now instead...

2l9tvut.jpg

That's a great catch Ecoboost.  I don't remember seeing it in any brochure though :detective: .  Does the new Continental brochure show it?

If it makes it into the Continental, I think that it would be a first for any Ford or Lincoln? 

#6 OFFLINE   scorpion

scorpion

Continental Member

• PipPip
  • 102 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 21 March 2016 - 04:53 PM

I couldn't actually find any place where Lincoln highlighted a HUD for the 2017 Continental?  Where did you find that brochure?

https://media.lincol...ontinental.html

#7 OFFLINE   EcoBoost

EcoBoost

• Pip
  • 55 posts
  • LocationTampa Bay, FL

Posted 22 March 2016 - 04:42 AM

I couldn't actually find any place where Lincoln highlighted a HUD for the 2017 Continental? Where did you find that brochure?

https://media.lincol...ontinental.html

Yeah, that's my point: Lincoln never mentioned a HUD-feature - and that's why I assume we won't be getting it.

The picture I posted is from a small brochure - about 10x5 inches - which I got from my local dealership. A second brochure - almost twice as big - was mailed to me by Lincoln after I requested info about the Conti on lincoln.com.

The bigger one is probably the newer one. It does not show a close-up of the steering-wheel but if you know what is on the button, you still can see that it reads 'HUD'.

Edited by EcoBoost, 22 March 2016 - 04:54 AM.

x4qdqb.jpg2015 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid Reserve, Ruby Red Metallic, Light Dune interior, Technology Package, Panoramic Roof, 19" Painted Pockets Wheels, Multi-Contour Seats, THX Audio.
n15opi.jpg2015 Grand Cherokee Summit 3.6L 4x4, Bright White, Dark Brown interior, Platinum Package, CD-Player.

#8 OFFLINE   LincolnClient

LincolnClient

• Official Lincoln
  • 12 posts
  • LocationDecline

Posted 22 March 2016 - 01:37 PM

Good morning EcoBoost,

Thank you for the inquiry. I love that you've sent a tough one my way.  :)  I've reached out to my technical expert, and I will see what I can find out. As noted above, not all info has been made available to the public quite yet.

With best wishes,

Todd

#9 OFFLINE   brucelinc

brucelinc

MKS Member

• PipPip
  • 617 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis

Posted 22 March 2016 - 02:54 PM

Is it possible that some features will be exclusive to the Chinese market?  My dealer gave me a big brochure that was for their dealership training.  It outlines all the standard and optional equipment and there is no mention of HUD.

#10 OFFLINE   EcoBoost

EcoBoost

• Pip
  • 55 posts
  • LocationTampa Bay, FL

Posted 22 March 2016 - 04:07 PM

Is it possible that some features will be exclusive to the Chinese market?

That is quite possible. I'll get to that later.

This, BTW, is the interior that was used for Lincoln's US-brochures. If you look closely, you can see the 'HUD'-button. However, the vehicle in the picture clearly has no HUD because there is no square cut-out on the dash above the speedometer.

CTN_1_GalleryinFLIP_6.jpg

Now, coming back to the export models:

Here are some shots of a new Conti caught in the wild:

2017_lincoln_continental_102-600x450.jpe

I'm pretty sure this is an export model as it does not have any amber light in the headlights. It also seems to have headlight washers - something we probably won't be getting, either.

Now, take a very close look at the dash were the speedometer is:

2rdc0hx.jpg

You can see a white edge closer to the windshield and a darker line (marked with arrows) behind it. This MIGHT be the cut-out for a HUD.

So yes, there is a chance it might be on the export models BUT I would really LOVE having one on ours as well... :drool:

Edited by EcoBoost, 22 March 2016 - 04:08 PM.

#11 OFFLINE   EcoBoost

EcoBoost

• Pip
  • 55 posts
  • LocationTampa Bay, FL

Posted 22 March 2016 - 04:10 PM

Good morning EcoBoost,

Thank you for the inquiry. I love that you've sent a tough one my way.  :)  I've reached out to my technical expert, and I will see what I can find out. As noted above, not all info has been made available to the public quite yet.

Thank you, Todd!

Good to know that there are still some tidbits to come! :)

• LincolnClient likes this

#12 OFFLINE   LincolnClient

LincolnClient

• Official Lincoln
  • 12 posts
  • LocationDecline

Posted 22 March 2016 - 09:13 PM

Thank you, Todd!

Good to know that there are still some tidbits to come! :)

You're welcome, EcoBoost! There are definitely plenty of tidbits to come.

Todd

#13 OFFLINE   LincolnClient

LincolnClient

• Official Lincoln
  • 12 posts
  • LocationDecline

Posted 29 March 2016 - 04:38 PM

Hello EcoBoost,

I have spoken with my colleagues, and they sent me this information regarding the heads-up display: 

"A Heads Up Display (HUD) offering has been considered, but is still TBD and unknown, which is why you see photos or vehicles with and without the display option.  

A HUD is not expected to be available when the Continental launches this fall.  "

Todd

• EcoBoost likes this

#14 OFFLINE   EcoBoost

EcoBoost

• Pip
  • 55 posts
  • LocationTampa Bay, FL

Posted 30 March 2016 - 04:26 PM

Hello EcoBoost,

I have spoken with my colleagues, and they sent me this information regarding the heads-up display: 

"A Heads Up Display (HUD) offering has been considered, but is still TBD and unknown, which is why you see photos or vehicles with and without the display option.  

A HUD is not expected to be available when the Continental launches this fall.  "

Todd

Thank you very much for the info, Todd!

I really hope HUD is going to make it into the Conti at some point because it's one of those features that define 'luxury'.. :drool:

Edited by EcoBoost, 30 March 2016 - 04:35 PM.

#15 OFFLINE   johncongemi

johncongemi

Continental Member

• PipPip
  • 165 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2013 MKS
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 30 March 2016 - 08:50 PM

2l9tvut.jpg

I/ve done a lot of research, and I'm pretty sure the HUD will not be offered.  To any reasonable person, this should not be a deal-breaker, but I must confess that I have looking forward to having it on my next car.  I drove my son's BMW and enjoyed it.  It should not be a problem on a new "luxury" vehicle.  I wouldn't be surprised to see it show up on on an MKX or MKZ before it is available on Continental in a couple of years.  Frustrating, especially knowing that it was there, and someone made the decision to remove it.  After 2 MKSs, presently a 2013, I am looking forward to a more luxurious (i.e. softer) ride.  The roads in my area are "washboard-like."   The Caddy CT6 will be out soon and I'll be test driving it.  I'm guessing the Lincoln will be a lot less expensive.  Lots of time, probably 5-7 months, to think about it while we wait.  Soon after,  the Hyundai Genesis G90 will be out and looks pretty good.  I'm hoping to choose the Lincoln, but it's going to be a tough choice.

Edited by johncongemi, 30 March 2016 - 08:53 PM.

#16 OFFLINE   Thomas

Thomas

Continental Member

• PipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Ford
  • LocationUS

Posted 30 March 2016 - 09:54 PM

thanks Todd very nice

#17 OFFLINE   EcoBoost

EcoBoost

• Pip
  • 55 posts
  • LocationTampa Bay, FL

Posted 31 March 2016 - 03:06 AM

The lack of HUD is not a deal-breaker for me, either, since the Conti will have an all-digital speedometer which is nice as well... :)

#18 OFFLINE   LincolnClient

LincolnClient

• Official Lincoln
  • 12 posts
  • LocationDecline

Posted 01 April 2016 - 04:49 PM

Hello again all,

You're very welcome! I'm here if you have further questions.

Have a great weekend!

Todd

#19 OFFLINE   Thomas

Thomas

Continental Member

• PipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Ford
  • LocationUS

Posted 04 April 2016 - 01:03 AM

So sad its Monday :(

#20 OFFLINE   scorpion

scorpion

Continental Member

• PipPip
  • 102 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 05 April 2016 - 02:39 AM

The lack of HUD is not a deal-breaker for me, either, since the Conti will have an all-digital speedometer which is nice as well... :)

It wouldn't be a deal breaker for me either.  Maybe because I haven't really seen one in live action, behind the wheel though.  Has anyone actually driven or owned a car that had one?

Custom Search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·