Welcome to the official Lincoln Continental Club
- approved by the Lincoln Motor Company -

Custom Search

The 2017 Lincoln Continental Forum is Here

Welcome to Lincoln Continental Forum - Lincoln Continental Registry

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to the Lincoln Continental Forum and the Lincoln Continental Club. Like most online communities, you must register to create topics or post in our community. The sign up process is simple, fast, free and requires minimal information for you to signup.

Lincoln Continental Club Benefits Include:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create photo albums and post photos. . .more!
Click here to create an account or login with Posted Image

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

2017 Continental specs

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   EcoBoost

EcoBoost

• Continental Club Member
  • Pip
  • 55 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2015 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid & 2015 Grand Cherokee Summit
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationTampa Bay, FL

Posted 05 April 2016 - 03:02 AM

It wouldn't be a deal breaker for me either. Maybe because I haven't really seen one in live action, behind the wheel though. Has anyone actually driven or owned a car that had one?

I had it a decade ago on a 2006 BMW M5 and I really liked it. It was nice that you could keep your eyes on the road and see your current speed. Now, with an all-digital speedometer, you can also figure out your current speed pretty fast. Still much better than the old needle...

Edited by EcoBoost, 05 April 2016 - 03:03 AM.

x4qdqb.jpg2015 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid Reserve, Ruby Red Metallic, Light Dune interior, Technology Package, Panoramic Roof, 19" Painted Pockets Wheels, Multi-Contour Seats, THX Audio.
n15opi.jpg2015 Grand Cherokee Summit 3.6L 4x4, Bright White, Dark Brown interior, Platinum Package, CD-Player.

#22 OFFLINE   brucelinc

brucelinc

MKS Member

• PipPip
  • 614 posts
  • 2017+ Continental Owners:3.0L GTID
  • Current Vehicle:2017 Continental Reserve 3.0
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationMinneapolis

Posted 20 April 2016 - 01:48 PM

Finally got some specs on overall size and interior room.

http://www.fleet.for...Continental.pdf

#23 OFFLINE   Jmt21022

Jmt21022

• Pip
  • 64 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2011 MKS Ecoboost
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationMansfield, Ohio

Posted 26 April 2016 - 07:38 PM

So, other than wheel base, leg room & shoulder room, the continental will be slightly smaller than the MKS?

#24 OFFLINE   brucelinc

brucelinc

MKS Member

• PipPip
  • 614 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis

Posted 26 April 2016 - 09:39 PM

Longer wheelbase but shorter and lower than an MKS.  The front overhang is reduced.   Quite a bit more rear leg room.  Much better proportions I would say.  I hope it is a bit lighter, too.

#25 OFFLINE   Jmt21022

Jmt21022

• Pip
  • 64 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2011 MKS Ecoboost
  • LocationMansfield, Ohio

Posted 27 April 2016 - 11:37 AM

Yeah, I'm not upset at all about it being a few inches shorter and the longer wheelbase should help the ride. A little more leg room would be gladly welcomed! Have to see how the 'Lower" works out. Overall, I think it's a vast improvement and I'm hoping a little lighter also.

#26 OFFLINE   EcoBoost

EcoBoost

• Pip
  • 55 posts
  • LocationTampa Bay, FL

Posted 28 April 2016 - 10:11 PM

Hi Todd,

I would have another question for you:

Since it has now been officially confirmed that the Continental will have an optional CD-Player, I'm still curious where this will be located?

All I found so far is the 'Eject'-button on the center-dash but there is no disc-slot like on my MKZ.

will it be located in the glove-box or center-console? IMO, this is a bit unlikely if there is a button on the outside. Or could it be that the Navi-dash folds up or down once you hit the button and the player is behind that?

Thanks!

x4qdqb.jpg2015 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid Reserve, Ruby Red Metallic, Light Dune interior, Technology Package, Panoramic Roof, 19" Painted Pockets Wheels, Multi-Contour Seats, THX Audio.
n15opi.jpg2015 Grand Cherokee Summit 3.6L 4x4, Bright White, Dark Brown interior, Platinum Package, CD-Player.

#27 OFFLINE   domscom

domscom

• Continental Member
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Volt
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationNY

Posted 07 May 2016 - 11:45 PM

Does anyone know the tire size that the Black Label will ship with on the 3.0 LTTTubro motor with 20" wheels. I see the optional 245/40/20 are on the summer tire option. Will the tire size be 255/45/20 with all season touring type tires be the standard fitted tires on the 20" rims? Thanks

#28 OFFLINE   EcoBoost

EcoBoost

• Pip
  • 55 posts
  • LocationTampa Bay, FL

Posted 25 August 2016 - 04:50 AM

Well, to continue the 'HUD'-story:

Although it hasn't made it into the order-guides (yet), HUD is listed as an optional feature in the official 2017 Continental Owner's Manual.

So we will probably get it - the only question is: When?

http://www.fordservi...-CA_06_2016.pdf

Check out page 137!

The term 'HUD' is mentioned 30 times in the manual - IMO, pretty often for something they weren't initially sure to offer at all... ;)

#29 OFFLINE   sambrozi

sambrozi

• Continental Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2017 Continental
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 23 September 2016 - 12:55 PM

Where is the single CD player on the 2017 Continental?  Can someone help?

#30 OFFLINE   brucelinc

brucelinc

MKS Member

• PipPip
  • 614 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis

Posted 23 September 2016 - 01:28 PM

Yes.  The slot is in a cubby on the console.  It is behind a door.  There should be room in there for a few CDs as well as the CD slot.

#31 OFFLINE   brucelinc

brucelinc

MKS Member

• PipPip
  • 614 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis

Posted 13 October 2016 - 09:37 PM

Heads up display is coming in job 2. HUD is covered in detail in the current owners manual. When will job 2 begin....that is the question.
  • 1BlinkGone likes this

#32 OFFLINE   projectcars

projectcars

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Lincoln Continental
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 09 November 2016 - 03:32 AM

Look at this bro LINK REMOVED SPAM

Edited by robertlane, 29 November 2016 - 08:33 PM.

#33 OFFLINE   robertlane

robertlane

Continental Member

• PipPip
  • 184 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Ford
  • LocationDearborn, MI.

Posted 29 November 2016 - 08:33 PM

Look at this bro LINK REMOVED SPAM

user removed - spammer

How to use this Forum:'

Quick tutorials are here

Software guide is here

#34 OFFLINE   preferlux

preferlux

• Continental Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Audi A7
  • LocationOhio

Posted 02 January 2017 - 02:59 PM

Back on the HUD, my current and last car I drove head a HUD.  My current vehicle is an Audi A7.  It is a deal breaker for me without one, because how I position my seat for driving there is no way to see the entire speedometer, even a digital readout, the steering wheel blocks the view.  If you have never driven with one, it is a simple matter of not knowing what you are missing.

I think it is foolish for a luxury car  maker not to offer this, reminds me of Porsche purists saying, better proclaiming, Porsche would never sell a single sedan or SUV, what a silly idea.  If you have a good HUD and use navigation, it can be invaluable for driving with a lot of truns.  Also if your HUD provides warnings from your infrared night vision like my Adi does, it can alert you to animals in the road many yards ahead  without ever having to look down at the dash and take your eyes off the road.  Invaluable safety feature that many car makers offer now, very disappointing that Lincoln cannot catch up with this technology, as I so much wanted to consider buying a Continental for my wife in 2017. 

If Lincoln does not come up with the HUD option soon, the looks like I am headed to Jaguar or Cadillac for my 2018 model.

#35 OFFLINE   Robert

Robert

Continental Member

• PipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Shelby
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 02 January 2017 - 10:28 PM

Back on the HUD, my current and last car I drove head a HUD.  My current vehicle is an Audi A7.  It is a deal breaker for me without one, because how I position my seat for driving there is no way to see the entire speedometer, even a digital readout, the steering wheel blocks the view.  If you have never driven with one, it is a simple matter of not knowing what you are missing.

I think it is foolish for a luxury car  maker not to offer this, reminds me of Porsche purists saying, better proclaiming, Porsche would never sell a single sedan or SUV, what a silly idea.  If you have a good HUD and use navigation, it can be invaluable for driving with a lot of truns.  Also if your HUD provides warnings from your infrared night vision like my Adi does, it can alert you to animals in the road many yards ahead  without ever having to look down at the dash and take your eyes off the road.  Invaluable safety feature that many car makers offer now, very disappointing that Lincoln cannot catch up with this technology, as I so much wanted to consider buying a Continental for my wife in 2017. 

If Lincoln does not come up with the HUD option soon, the looks like I am headed to Jaguar or Cadillac for my 2018 model.

Maybe it will be in the 2018.5 model year?

#36 OFFLINE   brucelinc

brucelinc

MKS Member

• PipPip
  • 614 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis

Posted 03 January 2017 - 02:17 PM

A good source told me HUD would be available in Job 2 - still 2017 models but later builds.  It is covered in the first printing of the owners manual so I would expect it sooner rather than later but I can't be sure.

By the way, we all have things that are important - even critical - to us and things that are not.  To suggest that "If you have never driven with one, it is a simple matter of not knowing what you are missing"  is a bit arrogant and suggests that everyone should think the way you do.   I don't blame anyone for demanding a particular item and going elsewhere to get it.  However, I don't need to be told what is important to me.  

• Jmt21022 likes this

#37 OFFLINE   Stryke21

Stryke21

• Continental Member
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • 2017+ Continental Owners:2.7L GTDI
  • Current Vehicle:2002 Lincoln Continental
  • LocationLas Vegas, Nevada

Posted 01 February 2017 - 09:17 PM

Love the look of the new Continental.

#38 OFFLINE   1BlinkGone

1BlinkGone

• Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2000 VW Passat GLS 1.8t
  • LocationEast SF Bay Area

Posted 09 February 2017 - 04:49 AM

Greetings, gang.  I happened upon the Continental (Reserve) in our local showroom and haven't got it out of my head since then. I was ultra-impressed with everything except looking at things under the hood, which, to be fair, looked like typical Ford, and nothing special.

I too thought the car already had HUD.  Granted, I've not yet owned a car with it, but at this price point I'd expect it. That's one of the things that bugs me about Infiniti- they want to be considered upscale, but a few missing things (like HUD) have them miss the mark, competition-wise, but I digress. Sure hope Lincoln gets this implemented pronto...is a deal-breaker for me? time will tell. I so desire to test drive one. FWIW, I have driven the CT6 Platinum w 3.0tt, Various S-class and 7-series cars;  and granted the $14,000 delta between the Conti reserve and the CT6 Platinum (both cars fully-loaded); one can make a few concessions... the aforementioned underhood lack of finish and finesse being one.

Lincoln definitely has my attention with this car...which caught me by surprise.  Thanks.

Edited by 1BlinkGone, 09 February 2017 - 05:11 AM.

#39 OFFLINE   brucelinc

brucelinc

MKS Member

• PipPip
  • 614 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis

Posted 09 February 2017 - 02:51 PM

Lincoln did not benchmark the Continental against S-class, CT6 or 7 series.   It just wasn't designed to compete in that class and the pricing shows that.   I suspect that if you test drive and compare a Continental back to back with an S-class or 7 series, it will come up short as one would expect given the price difference.  An E-class, 5 series or A6 would be more logical competitors to the Continental from a pricing perspective.   However,  I think it would do very well in comparison to the CT6 in spite of the price difference, depending upon your priorities.   

#40 OFFLINE   1BlinkGone

1BlinkGone

• Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2000 VW Passat GLS 1.8t
  • LocationEast SF Bay Area

Posted 09 February 2017 - 05:21 PM

Lincoln did not benchmark the Continental against S-class, CT6 or 7 series.   It just wasn't designed to compete in that class and the pricing shows that.   I suspect that if you test drive and compare a Continental back to back with an S-class or 7 series, it will come up short as one would expect given the price difference.  An E-class, 5 series or A6 would be more logical competitors to the Continental from a pricing perspective.   However,  I think it would do very well in comparison to the CT6 in spite of the price difference, depending upon your priorities.   

Oh I'm not saying Lincoln benchmarked against these and I would agree.  I was simply giving a point of reference of other cars that I have driven, that's all. IMHO Lincoln has a pretty compelling package with the new Continental. I very much disliked the concept/car show vehicle, but the production car has turned out very nice. I do wish they would have used a new platform and not the FWD platform of the Taurus. That would really have been special- esp a RWD platform with non-transverse engine.  But they had to start somewhere...and did a great job.  Pics do NOT do the car justice. IMO.  

I cannot stress enough how pleasantly surprised I was when I saw the car at the showroom...whoops I reported my own post...nice..lol..anyway, I'm definitely considering one.

Edited by 1BlinkGone, 09 February 2017 - 05:44 PM.

Custom Search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·