Welcome to the official Lincoln Continental Club
- approved by the Lincoln Motor Company -

Custom Search

The 2017 Lincoln Continental Forum is Here

Welcome to Lincoln Continental Forum - Lincoln Continental Registry

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to the Lincoln Continental Forum and the Lincoln Continental Club. Like most online communities, you must register to create topics or post in our community. The sign up process is simple, fast, free and requires minimal information for you to signup.

Lincoln Continental Club Benefits Include:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create photo albums and post photos. . .more!
Click here to create an account or login with Posted Image

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

2017 Continental specs

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   brucelinc

brucelinc

MKS Member

• Continental Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 614 posts
  • 2017+ Continental Owners:3.0L GTID
  • Current Vehicle:2017 Continental Reserve 3.0
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationMinneapolis

Posted 09 February 2017 - 10:37 PM

I agree they are pretty impressive. I am pleased with mine. Probably my favorite features are the power cinch doors, the 30 way massaging seats, the Lincoln way app, and the 3.0 twin turbo engine. The climate and tech packages have features that work quite well, too.

There is room for improvement with a couple of interior materials. While the instrument cluster is configurable, it lacks the flexibility of some competitors. A larger infotainment screen would be welcome, too.

Personally, I think the car is very impressive when equipped in the $55,000 - $65,000 price level. Much above that and the competition gets pretty fierce.

#42 OFFLINE   1BlinkGone

1BlinkGone

• Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2000 VW Passat GLS 1.8t
  • LocationEast SF Bay Area

Posted 10 February 2017 - 11:02 PM

I agree they are pretty impressive. I am pleased with mine. Probably my favorite features are the power cinch doors, the 30 way massaging seats, the Lincoln way app, and the 3.0 twin turbo engine. The climate and tech packages have features that work quite well, too.

There is room for improvement with a couple of interior materials. While the instrument cluster is configurable, it lacks the flexibility of some competitors. A larger infotainment screen would be welcome, too.

Personally, I think the car is very impressive when equipped in the $55,000 - $65,000 price level. Much above that and the competition gets pretty fierce.

Your input as a 2017 Continental owner is very valuable. Having said that, might I suggest that your price level as mentioned could easily go into the low to mid 70k bracket as well...not to argue whatsoever; but having the the fit, finish and the soft-close doors, 24-30 way seats & other attributes can't be found too readily at that price point, either. Now we are entering 'stripped' BMW, Lexus, etc territory.  Me- I'd pay $74k for the fully loaded Reserve w/3.0tt...that's just me...everybody's different and has different value perceptions.

One caveat- the 3.0tt is only getting 400hp/400 tq with 93 octane fuel...not with the 91 we are stuck with in Kalifornia.  I hope Livernois has a great tuning package put together for the Conti 3.0tt soon...

IMO, Lincoln has come up with an extremely competitive & distinct product with the new Continental, and I like that they aren't aping the Germans...they are doing their own thing.  I can't believe I went from completely disliking and quite honestly, slamming (not too keen on the FWD platform, FWIW) the Continental prototype.... to being completely fascinated with the production model. Funny, innt?  Now for a test drive...thanks, Brucelinc.

Edited by 1BlinkGone, 10 February 2017 - 11:18 PM.

#43 OFFLINE   brucelinc

brucelinc

MKS Member

• PipPip
  • 614 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis

Posted 11 February 2017 - 03:03 PM

I am not sure how much difference there is in performance between the 91 and 93.  However, like you, I would want all it is capable of.  I am still waiting on Livernois.  They have promised to have a tune for me.    

You may be correct about the pricing.  I really haven't shopped other makes except in reviewing their "build & price" websites.  I agree that the Continental may well still be a good value into the $70s.  I was really thinking invoice rather than MSRP.  In areas where there is significant competition between dealers, the Continental can be bought at invoice.   I think some options are a bit over-priced.  The Luxury package consists of LED headlights and the Revel audio but is $5000.  The rear seat package is around $4300 if I recall.  I passed on both of those because they were not worth it to me, although I did get the 13 speaker Revel system.  I think the Black Label models are overpriced, too, primarily because I would never use the extra dealer services and I am not all that impressed with the "themes."  Others might consider the things that I passed on to be "must-haves."  

Just curious:  What is your objection to the front drive platform?

#44 OFFLINE   1BlinkGone

1BlinkGone

• Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 12 February 2017 - 02:50 AM

FWD is a great platform for what it is. Now, these are my opinions, which are also somewhat based on my former 20 years in fleet maintenance industry & over 40+ years of cars overall...

FWD Pros: 

1. it's obviously advantageous over RWD in bad weather. Putting more weight over the front wheels that are also driving (pulling), maximizing traction. 

2. Initial COST: it's far cheaper for a company design & install a FWD drivetrain than building a RWD platform. (this is a huge reason why the industry has gone to FWD platforms, btw)

3. A more compact platform end to end (ie hood length, etc)

4. Overall weight savings a FWD design offers.

Cons:

1. Weight distribution in the overall chassis suffers with a strong front weight bias; steering, handling, etc also suffers.

2. COST: Though it is cheaper for a company to build; FWD is far more expensive to maintain for the end-user than a RWD solid axle housing solution.  (Half-shafts, CV boots, tire wear, etc is all exponentially greater in cost and in frequency than a RWD). 

3. FWD platforms are also generally weaker- not only when it comes to HP limitations, but also more vulnerable to road damage and abuse. This is why military and civil service vehicles like Police, Fire, etc are all RWD-based. RWD is more robust. 

4. FWD-based AWD systems are generally FWD biased by design. 

5. The Instantaneous visible recognition of the FWD platform. Would be nice to have a bit more sleekness that RWD can offer.

IMHO, Lincoln missed the boat when they chose to implement basically a stretched Taurus FWD platform (likely a beancounter decision), instead of coming up with a RWD, longitudinally-oriented engine/trans, even if exclusive to Continental...and could be shared with Navigator.  This is what Cadillac did with the CT6 to step away from a FWD-based platform (as in the XTS) and used RWD for CT6, and likely their forthcoming flagship model featuring RWD with a longitudinal mounted engine.  RWD can still host AWD for those who desire it ( I do, personally) much like the CT6 AWD solution, or Mercedes' RWD-based AWD system.

Please don't think I'm ragging on your car- heck I'm seriously considering one! All those above things aside, I'm happy Lincoln brought back the Conti...now when V2 comes out, perhaps they'll take it to the next step and go RWD.  Granted, it will cost more via MSRP...but will cost you less after purchase to maintain it.

Packages- yeah, I hear you. IMO it would be good for Lincoln to offer the services portion of Black Label as an option for all the Conti variants, I don't care for the implementation of the three BlackLabel interiors, either....Having said that, looking at packages & options... just the moonroof option alone is $1,750...and that is included in the $4300 Rear Seat package that has a ton of other stuff....but everybody has different priorities and values.  Would I buy it without the rear seat pkg? Possibly.  IMO, it's sad one has to include the adaptive cruise with stop n go, with the technology package...would like to have just the latter.

Question: Do you have adaptive cruise w/ stop n go? if so, is the stop n go defeatable at all?

2nd Question: have you seen the Jade grey interior in person? if so, thoughts?

Thanks!

(edit) I downloaded the Owners Manual (March 2017 version 3) and it says the stop/start is defeatable if you press the "off" button on the left side of the steering wheel when you come to a stop and the system notifies you it's going to stop the motor..there is also some sort of menu option in the control menu Look for "information displays" on pg 115...settings/advanced settings/ Auto Engine off; it's unclear if you can disable that in the menu I just described. Hopefully there is something available other than hitting the off button on the steering wheel or it's going to get worn-out quickly...lol I also saw the HUD info in the manual, which is very promising.

Edited by 1BlinkGone, 12 February 2017 - 11:33 AM.

#45 OFFLINE   brucelinc

brucelinc

MKS Member

• PipPip
  • 614 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis

Posted 12 February 2017 - 03:40 PM

I have the tech package with adaptive cruise w/stop & go.  You can choose between adaptive cruise or conventional cruise with the steering wheel button and the appropriate menu.   I have seen the Jade interior and didn't like it.  Primarily, I didn't like the wood trim that comes with it.  It looked to me like it came from a tree that had been dead for many years.   :)  Other opinions may differ.

Regarding the start-stop:  My car does not have that.  I wonder if that will only be on later builds.  I am not aware of it being on any Continental unless it might be on the livery version.   I agree that pressing a button every time you come to a stop would be unacceptable but I am just not familiar with the Lincoln version.   I have driven cars with auto start/stop and hated it but since they were rentals, I didn't pursue trying to disable it.   Since HUD is discussed in the latest version of the owners manual, I still suspect it will be available on later builds.  A Lincoln insider told me that it would be on Job 2 builds but he wouldn't say when that would be.  

You really should drive a Conti with the 3.0.  It has AWD and dynamic torque vectoring.   Unless you are racing on a road course in autocross competition, I can't imagine that you would know it is a front drive based system.  Even Car & Driver Magazine said  it has "moves that approach sports sedan standards."  In the Cadillac CT6 road test, they recorded .086 G of cornering.   The Caddy was the AWD model with 4 wheel steering and summer-only tires.  The Continental recorded .084 G on just the 19 inch all season rubber.   20 inch summer-only tires are available.

Before my MKS, my cars included RWD Thunderbirds and a Lincoln LS which was noted for good balance and handling.   Admittedly, the FWD based MKS understeered more than my former RWD cars.  However, the Conti is vastly superior to the MKS in handling.  It reminds me of my old LS - very neutral when pushed through the corners.   For what it is worth, I drag raced my tuned AWD MKS and never had even the slightest problem.  I had around 50 or so quarter mile passes.  I am on forums dedicated to the Taurus SHO and there are guys with many hundreds of passes at the drag strip without issue.  These systems are pretty robust.

Having said all of this, I am hearing that the next Continental, built of the CD6 platform, will be RWD/AWD.  We are looking at 2020 or 2021 for that, however.

• 1BlinkGone likes this

#46 OFFLINE   1BlinkGone

1BlinkGone

• Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 12 February 2017 - 04:44 PM

I did read that C&D article and remember that quote "moves that approach sports sedan standards."  Just read that night before last as a matter of fact...and I had a big grin, as that is quite something to say!  Even with the F/R weight imbalance that FWD/AWD brings to the table, Lincoln seems to have mitigated that to a large degree. Impressive.  Great to hear about the AWD systems', ah, robustness. Very good.  You definitely had ample opportunity to reveal any flaws if they existed.

Re: Jade grey....my wife is a bit curious about maybe her own Continental (probably white exterior) which suggests the either the cappucino or black (my preference for my car) interior...but I was curious about the jade grey. Cap or Blk (Blk being which I've seen firsthand and sat in) IMO would be good choices.

Thank you also for your stop/start system feedback. Very nice to know.  Oh BTW, you realize (and I'm sure you do!) your LS was essentially a Jaguar in Lincoln wrapping, right?  Those LS' were great cars, btw.  GREAT cars, that IMO only went away due to Ford selling Jaguar & Land Rover to Tata.

The .086 G of the CT6 is impressive, and the .084 G of the Conti AWD which LACKS 4-wheel steering, is even more impressive IMO...that .002 will likely be erased by the right 20" tires...or perhaps even better than A/S 19's....wow.  I did not catch that comparison.  Thanks for bringing that. I have twice driven the Platinum CT6 3.0tt AWD w/4WS & 20" wheels...very encouraging comparison.

You just made my morning, brudda.  Now to hide this stupid grin for the rest of the day and not look like a twit...

Edited by 1BlinkGone, 13 February 2017 - 06:54 AM.

• brucelinc likes this

#47 OFFLINE   1BlinkGone

1BlinkGone

• Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 07:59 AM

I'm going to check out a test drive tomorrow if I can get the time. Looking fwd to this. 

• brucelinc likes this

#48 OFFLINE   brucelinc

brucelinc

MKS Member

• PipPip
  • 614 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis

Posted 13 February 2017 - 07:57 PM

I assure you that the engine performance and transmission behavior improve substantially after 1000 miles or so.

#49 OFFLINE   1BlinkGone

1BlinkGone

• Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 14 February 2017 - 07:42 PM

So...went to an area Ford Lincoln dealership...they had many Livery models in stock (apropos for the area), a few Selects, one or two Reserves.  I drove a Continental Select in Burgundy Velvet (beautiful but not for me), cappuccino interior (beautiful), with the 3.7L engine & FWD as they didn't have a Reserve w/3.0L AWD on the lot at this time; however, they did have a Reserve w 2.7L in the showroom. I drove the 'Select' in-town and on hwy.  

Fit and finish from what I could see was very, very good.  More trunk room than I expected from past reviewer's comments, albeit with a fixed rear seat that won't fold. Nice to have the power trunk decklid. This car was lacking quite a few of the extra goodies I'd desire, but there was no sense of "stripped economy model" in the overall presentation. The soft-close doors are great. rear seat & legroom is exemplary. I guess I kinda stunned the salesman with stuff I'd already learned about the car from digging around online about the car; one of which being the mech emergency door latches on the inside door pockets to override the electric buttons in a power failure....I don't like going into a prospective item blind, without some foreknowledge. hehe 

NO FWD TORQUE STEER!!! I was amazed at that. I don't know how they did it. Hit the throttle and it was a straight as an arrow.

The 3.7L surprised me. Very smooth idle, virtually imperceptible that it was running. Granted, we did not pull any grades of significance, but the car moved out of its own shadow very crisply & quickly with the 305hp/280tq of the 3.7L engine. I'm sure that little 2.7L EcoBoost would be even better with 330hp/380tq. But why stop there when there is only 1 rated mpg difference between the 2.7 and the 3.0tt AWD variants?  

Cabin quiet was one of the best I've ever experienced. Zero wind noise too, even at 55-60 mph cruise. Just fabulous.  Turning radius seemed pretty tight. EXCELLENT ride.  Can't wait to drive the 3.0 AWD...methinks I'm hooked.  Say, are you guys using an oil catch-can on your engines, considering they are direct-injection? I would definitely desire that. YMMV.

Edited by 1BlinkGone, 14 February 2017 - 08:15 PM.

#50 OFFLINE   brucelinc

brucelinc

MKS Member

• PipPip
  • 614 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis

Posted 14 February 2017 - 09:33 PM

Good review! Are you sure the rear seat doesn't fold on the Select series? I know it won't if you have the rear seat package. Otherwise, I thought all Continentals had folding rear seats. The first Conti I drove was also a 3.7 FWD model. I remember thinking that this would probably satisfy a good number of buyers - especially those who place less emphasis on performance.

I have always taken the approach that if a catch can was needed, it would have one from the factory. Ford has sold many thousands of turbocharged DI engines since the 2010 model year and apparently doesn't think a catch can is needed. Having said that, it certainly couldn't hurt and we are not talking big bucks.

#51 OFFLINE   1BlinkGone

1BlinkGone

• Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 04:36 AM

Thank you, Bruceinc!  I missed many points. hehee  To be clear, I didn't look that closely at the Select series' rear seats...I did look at the Reserve in the showroom (it had the rear seat package, btw) . Makes sense what you say about them. Hmmm...I'd rather have that folding seat option, but it's not necessary, nor a deal breaker regarding the rear-seat package giving up the folding seats. 

I sure don't want to open a can of woims re the catch can...if you take a look at the Ford Performance Parts, a Ford catch-can is available for the GT350, and now I believe for the 5.0 GT Mustang as well. They do work...never underestimate the power of beancounters in cubicles that make decisions that ultimately hurt buyers in the long run, long after the initial auto purchase is made. But I digress...ANYWAYS, the brakes did well enough that they didn't draw negative attention to themselves, if that makes sense.  Granted I didn't do any roadcourse duty or other mashing on them, but the pedal felt good, and the car stopped very well. Body movement was quite controlled. That transmission is another item that didn't draw attention to itself. It did its job very smoothly. No issues.

One thing that stood out to me was, unlike the Cadillac CT6, the Continental's B pillar was not in the way, not in my line of sight as I sat in the drivers seat. NICE.

Excellent overall visibility. And i could see enough of the hood for immediate familiarity with where the car was in the lane, parking spaces, etc. No learning curve there.  Now, I will give kudos the the exclusive-to-Cadillac 3.0tt in the CT6, as it's ultra-refined and sounds very, well, "German" if you will...both mechanically with the hood up, and at the exhaust.  So I'm looking fwd to experiencing the Continental 3.0TT!

I suppose if I could sum up my first drive of the new Continental Select yesterday... hmm... it's just that the car felt, well, natural...and VERY comfortable and quiet.   

In driving it for the first time, it fit like a custom pair of boots. Aside from getting acquainted with the controls just a bit the car didn't feel foreign to drive (not as in foreign countries) but I took to it right away. More, please.

Edited by 1BlinkGone, 15 February 2017 - 10:02 AM.

• brucelinc likes this

#52 OFFLINE   brucelinc

brucelinc

MKS Member

• PipPip
  • 614 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis

Posted 15 February 2017 - 02:45 PM

The 3.7 is a good workhorse engine.  However, compared with the 3.0, it is more like a Briggs & Stratton.   :)

I think all Continentals have folding rear seats unless the rear seat package is ordered.   Those seats have a reclining feature which apparently makes folding them down an engineering challenge so they do not fold.

Regarding the catch can, I would certainly not try to talk anyone out of getting one.  

• Twinguin and 1BlinkGone like this

#53 OFFLINE   1BlinkGone

1BlinkGone

• Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 07:08 PM

Yes I would agree...I haven't seen one car with a type of rear seat package such as the Continental in which the rear seat folds. Too complex..

The 3.7 seemed like an honorable effort. I probably could live with it...but I desire... MO POWAH!  So, tell me, where can I go online to learn more, esp about the 3.0tt? I've seen little on this engine. Maybe I'm not looking in the right place, but info seems very scarce about it.  Would like to see it presented outside a body (you know, corporate display type of thing) to get a peek at it and more info. Even the Continental portion of the Lincoln site is quite lacking regarding their engines in general. Again, maybe it's just me.  PM me if you have time please and if that would be more appropriate. Thanks, brucelinc.

Edited by 1BlinkGone, 15 February 2017 - 07:48 PM.

#54 OFFLINE   brucelinc

brucelinc

MKS Member

• PipPip
  • 614 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis

Posted 15 February 2017 - 08:25 PM

The 3.0 is an enlarged version of the 2.7 used in F150s, Edge Sports, MKXs and Fusion Sports. It is referred to as the Nano engine family - designed from scratch to be DI and turbocharged. If you google Nano V6, I think you will find quite a bit of info.

Edited by brucelinc, 15 February 2017 - 08:26 PM.

#55 OFFLINE   1BlinkGone

1BlinkGone

• Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 04:58 AM

The 3.0 is an enlarged version of the 2.7 used in F150s, Edge Sports, MKXs and Fusion Sports. It is referred to as the Nano engine family - designed from scratch to be DI and turbocharged. If you google Nano V6, I think you will find quite a bit of info.

You know, I assumed that was the case when I was thinking about it this morning..the 3.0L likely being the big brother of the 2.7L so to speak. Thank you for confirming that.

Could you refer me to another site that deals more with the performance aspects of Ford/Lincoln that you mentioned earlier. Taurus SHO forum or??  This has really lit an unexpected fire...  I'm going to look up the Nano info.

OH BTW, have you seen the Jade Green EXTERIOR paint?  I know I already asked about the Jade interior, but what about the Jade paint, if you've seen it?

I think our local dealership has a Hybrid MKS listed with that color...I'll try and swing by and view it.

Thanks, brucelinc!

Edited by 1BlinkGone, 16 February 2017 - 05:53 AM.

#56 OFFLINE   brucelinc

brucelinc

MKS Member

• PipPip
  • 614 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis

Posted 16 February 2017 - 03:46 PM

The first Continental that I ever saw was at the Minneapolis auto show and it was Jade Green.   I guess it just didn't "pop" for me.   I remember the Lincoln Rep who was there saying that they picked the wrong color for an auto show.   Others might like it but it was not my cup of tea.

http://www.shoforum....2010-present.99

http://www.ecoboostp...hp?action=forum

#57 OFFLINE   1BlinkGone

1BlinkGone

• Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 05:35 PM

The first Continental that I ever saw was at the Minneapolis auto show and it was Jade Green.   I guess it just didn't "pop" for me.   I remember the Lincoln Rep who was there saying that they picked the wrong color for an auto show.   Others might like it but it was not my cup of tea.

http://www.shoforum....2010-present.99

http://www.ecoboostp...hp?action=forum

Hmmm...The Lincoln site is a bit ambiguous with what they show, too. I think that pic with the couple crossing in front of the car features the Jade green (at the Lincoln Site)...I did see the Champagne type of color in the showroom, and this isn't it and though not ugly, isn't for me at all...would it be safe to say the Jade green leans heavily towards grey with green pigment in it? if so, that's a missed opportunity. They could have used something like Emerald Green Mica (a stunning color we had on a 2001 Mazda MilleniaS) or reached back into history and brought forth the Ivy MoonDust Metallic or Dark Green metallic from the 1971 Mark III Continental.

here's a link with all the colors they offered in 1971:

http://automotivemil...t1971mark3.html

Thanks for the links! I did find another SHO forum variant, but it didn't appear to have the content I was hoping for. Will check those out.

#58 OFFLINE   brucelinc

brucelinc

MKS Member

• PipPip
  • 614 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis

Posted 16 February 2017 - 06:10 PM

I agree with you on the former greens. Jade green falls way short in my humble opinion. Your description of grey with green pigment is spot on.

#59 OFFLINE   1BlinkGone

1BlinkGone

• Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 12:20 AM

I agree with you on the former greens. Jade green falls way short in my humble opinion. Your description of grey with green pigment is spot on.

Went to our closest Ford/Lincoln dealership today...I saw Jade Grey in the Mid-day sun (sprinkled with clouds) today. Excellent light.  To my eyes, it is a sickly grey...it's pretty true to the Continental website's rendering, actually, sad to say.  It's not for me.  People have different tastes.

It sure seems like all the modern tech in today's cars is hard on batteries. I've a few Reserves on tenders because if the car sits too long the battery is drained of charge...

I DID, however get to drive a 3.0tt AWD Reserve in Magnetic paint/Blk interior today.  It had virtually every option (IIRC) except the rear seat package, and no, I forgot to check the folding issue but I take your word for it..after all you own one!

This car felt a bit different (granted there is a @160 pound weight increase for AWD)...perhaps it was the 30 way adjustable seats that I didn't have dialed-in as opposed the 24-way seats of the Select I drove a few days ago. Still the same quiet cabin, this car was wearing Goodyear Summer tires, unlike the Lincoln site that shows PZero A/S tires 245/40ZR20's on those cool 20" wheels.  I don't know if the Goodyear's have the same noise technology (foam) installed. I'd be tempted to swap them for the PZeros which have a much better treadwear rating(400) than the Goodyear's (240).

Performance- well...there is that lag & shove that is part of a Turbo.  The 3.0TT obviously OWNS the car. hehehe...  The speed in which it moves when those turbos spool up is incredible and a bit deceiving...there certainly is more there than it lets on. I passed three cars on the FWY to tuck into a lane for an offramp I needed, and it was like a cheetah that had sprung fwd.  And again, I didn't kick it down that hard either, in respect for the dealer's new car that wasn't mine. So there was definitely MORE on tap that I hadn't even come close to accessing. 

BTW, what are you doing about a front license plate? We are in a state that it's mandatory...I'm looking at one of those electric hide a plate options so we don't drill and mount on the front fascia...

Edited by 1BlinkGone, 17 February 2017 - 03:03 AM.

#60 OFFLINE   brucelinc

brucelinc

MKS Member

• PipPip
  • 614 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis

Posted 17 February 2017 - 03:05 PM

The foam lined Pirelli tires that are shown on the website might be available now but I have never seen a Conti with them.  All the ones I have seen have the Goodyear F1 tires.   Maybe the later cars will get the Pirelli P Zeros with the foam lining.  The Goodyears do not have the foam and I found them to be a bit noisier and stiffer riding than the Michelins that are used with the 19" wheels.   That is why I stuck with the 19s.  

As I said before, once the 3.0 gets some miles on it, the performance improves.  The transmission shifting behavior also improves and much of the surge/sag is gone.

• 1BlinkGone likes this

Custom Search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·