Welcome to the official Lincoln Continental Club
- approved by the Lincoln Motor Company -

Custom Search

The 2017 Lincoln Continental Forum is Here

Welcome to Lincoln Continental Forum - Lincoln Continental Registry

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to the Lincoln Continental Forum and the Lincoln Continental Club. Like most online communities, you must register to create topics or post in our community. The sign up process is simple, fast, free and requires minimal information for you to signup.

Lincoln Continental Club Benefits Include:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create photo albums and post photos. . .more!
Click here to create an account or login with Posted Image

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

2017 Continental specs

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#61 OFFLINE   Twinguin

Twinguin

• Continental Club Member
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
  • 2017+ Continental Owners:3.0L GTID
  • Current Vehicle:1999 Renault Megane Convertible (222'222km), 2012 Toyota GT86 (77'777km), 2018 Mustang GT Convertible
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationMetro Detroit Area

Posted 17 February 2017 - 04:37 PM

The speed in which it moves when those turbos spool up is incredible and a bit deceiving...there certainly is more there than it lets on. I passed three cars on the FWY to tuck into a lane for an offramp I needed, and it was like a cheetah that had sprung fwd.  And again, I didn't kick it down that hard either, in respect for the dealer's new car that wasn't mine. So there was definitely MORE on tap that I hadn't even come close to accessing. 

BTW, what are you doing about a front license plate? We are in a state that it's mandatory...I'm looking at one of those electric hide a plate options so we don't drill and mount on the front fascia...

Very nice description of the Conti's power. And it's nice to have the paddles to shift down a gear or two, way quicker than the auto-box. BTW, does the auto learn over time? Or is it a mileage thing, I think even in normal mode the box holds the gears longer than in the beginning. 

And about the license plates: finally one good thing about Michigan - plus the Contis being build here, of course.

• 1BlinkGone likes this

-- 

"There is a curse. They say, may you live in intersting times!", Terry Pratchett

#62 OFFLINE   1BlinkGone

1BlinkGone

• Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2000 VW Passat GLS 1.8t
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationEast SF Bay Area

Posted 17 February 2017 - 05:52 PM

The foam lined Pirelli tires that are shown on the website might be available now but I have never seen a Conti with them.  All the ones I have seen have the Goodyear F1 tires.   Maybe the later cars will get the Pirelli P Zeros with the foam lining.  The Goodyears do not have the foam and I found them to be a bit noisier and stiffer riding than the Michelins that are used with the 19" wheels.  That is why I stuck with the 19s.  

As I said before, once the 3.0 gets some miles on it, the performance improves.  The transmission shifting behavior also improves and much of the surge/sag is gone.

Same here with only seeing the Goodyear tires on the 20" wheels at dealerships. I beleive Tire Rack does in fact have the PZero (correction: HWY) ZR's so I don't think it's a supply issue. Likely another beancounter-in-cubicle decision...so far, every reserve model I've seen has had the 20"s optioned.  Thanks, brudda!

Edited by 1BlinkGone, 18 February 2017 - 05:00 AM.

#63 OFFLINE   1BlinkGone

1BlinkGone

• Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 05:26 AM

Very nice description of the Conti's power. And it's nice to have the paddles to shift down a gear or two, way quicker than the auto-box. BTW, does the auto learn over time? Or is it a mileage thing, I think even in normal mode the box holds the gears longer than in the beginning. 

And about the license plates: finally one good thing about Michigan - plus the Contis being build here, of course.

Thanks! I'm uncertain if the trans learns your driving habits over time (like many now do).. brucelinc can probably answer that one. IMO, Lincoln missed the boat with those plastic paddle shifters...they should be metal.  One journalist bagged on the plastic shift buttons on the dash (and missed the paddles)...they seemed in-step with the rest of the dash design, IMO, but those plastic paddles...they gotta go! lol  I didn't use those, BTW in either of my drives.

Edited by 1BlinkGone, 18 February 2017 - 07:43 PM.

#64 OFFLINE   1BlinkGone

1BlinkGone

• Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 11:46 PM

At second thought, the plastic paddles aren't that bad....I'm more concerned about durability. The size of them is pretty much in line with other Domestic OEM applications that are wheel-mounted and not column mounted.  Now I'll shut up and go back to my biddness...

#65 OFFLINE   brucelinc

brucelinc

MKS Member

• PipPip
  • 614 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2017 Continental Reserve 3.0
  • LocationMinneapolis

Posted 24 February 2017 - 04:17 PM

I have never quite understood the criticism of the paddles.   I am fine with them being hard plastic.   They are barely visible but fall easily into your hand when you want to use them.   The largest part of the paddle is not visible at all - it is behind the wheel. 

P1220040_zpsrljytcbz.jpg

• 1BlinkGone likes this

#66 OFFLINE   1BlinkGone

1BlinkGone

• Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 05:43 PM

True.  I really like the cappuccino interior btw (wondering how that will go with Diamond Black Exterior)....what's that little round blue screen you have there at the two o clock position to the steering wheel?

Edited by 1BlinkGone, 24 February 2017 - 05:58 PM.

#67 OFFLINE   brucelinc

brucelinc

MKS Member

• PipPip
  • 614 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis

Posted 24 February 2017 - 08:43 PM

True.  I really like the cappuccino interior btw (wondering how that will go with Diamond Black Exterior)....what's that little round blue screen you have there at the two o clock position to the steering wheel?

That is an Aeroforce gauge.  I mounted it on the dash just under the instrument cluster.  It will show dozens of things including engine temp, transmission temp, turbo boost, timing advance/retard among many other things.  It will also measure performance such as 0-60 and quarter mile times.   It just plugs into the OBD port under the dash.

• 1BlinkGone likes this

#68 OFFLINE   1BlinkGone

1BlinkGone

• Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 02:23 AM

That is an Aeroforce gauge.  I mounted it on the dash just under the instrument cluster.  It will show dozens of things including engine temp, transmission temp, turbo boost, timing advance/retard among many other things.  It will also measure performance such as 0-60 and quarter mile times.   It just plugs into the OBD port under the dash.

i suspected it was one of those multi-purpose OBD driven gauges. Very nice. Thx.

#69 OFFLINE   Jmt21022

Jmt21022

• Pip
  • 64 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2011 MKS Ecoboost
  • LocationMansfield, Ohio

Posted 04 March 2017 - 04:06 PM

brucelink, you and I have traveled very similar pasts! Thunderbird Super Coupe, Lincoln LS, Lincoln MKS.... I had a '97 SHO right before the LS. Not an impressive car.

I was reading comments about the foam lined tires. Are they foam lined or foam filled?

The reason I ask is that we build material handling equipment that is some times mobile and a customer requested foam filled tires and they weigh an a$$ load more when foam filled. Different types of foam are out there I'm sure.

#70 OFFLINE   brucelinc

brucelinc

MKS Member

• PipPip
  • 614 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis

Posted 04 March 2017 - 07:26 PM

LOL...Between my T'bird SC and my LS, I had a T'bird with the 4.6 V8.

I think those tires have a foam lining just under the tread.

#71 OFFLINE   Jmt21022

Jmt21022

• Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 09:55 PM

I would think it would still add some weight to the tire even if it was just a lining or layer.

The tires we had foam filled were fairly small, 8" rim x 5" wide I think. added around 25 lbs per tire.

#72 OFFLINE   brucelinc

brucelinc

MKS Member

• PipPip
  • 614 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis

Posted 24 March 2017 - 02:31 PM

https://www.youtube....h?v=M3FttGW-fUc

#73 OFFLINE   Jmt21022

Jmt21022

• Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 03:10 PM

I'd rather have a nice functional sunroof! LOL

• brucelinc likes this

#74 OFFLINE   brucelinc

brucelinc

MKS Member

• PipPip
  • 614 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis

Posted 16 May 2017 - 02:42 PM

I appears that the addition of HUD to the technology package has added about $1000 to the price.  Ouch!

Custom Search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·