Welcome to the official Lincoln Continental Club
- approved by the Lincoln Motor Company -

Custom Search

The 2017 Lincoln Continental Forum is Here

Welcome to Lincoln Continental Forum - Lincoln Continental Registry

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to the Lincoln Continental Forum and the Lincoln Continental Club. Like most online communities, you must register to create topics or post in our community. The sign up process is simple, fast, free and requires minimal information for you to signup.

Lincoln Continental Club Benefits Include:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create photo albums and post photos. . .more!
Click here to create an account or login with Posted Image

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

who has ordered a 2017 Continental?

• Please log in to reply
113 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Thomas

Thomas

Continental Member

• Continental Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Ford
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationUS

Posted 21 July 2016 - 02:00 AM

I love the MKC what color do you own?

#22 OFFLINE   Thomas

Thomas

Continental Member

• PipPip
  • 111 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 21 July 2016 - 02:00 AM

I love the MKC what color do you own?

#23 OFFLINE   brucelinc

brucelinc

MKS Member

• PipPip
  • 617 posts
  • 2017+ Continental Owners:3.0L GTID
  • Current Vehicle:2017 Continental Reserve 3.0
  • LocationMinneapolis

Posted 24 July 2016 - 02:31 PM

I had a nice visit with the sales manager at my Lincoln dealership yesterday.  I have bought 2 cars from him and have a good relationship.  He is one of the few dealership team members who really knows cars and is an enthusiast.  He shared some information and I am curious if anyone else has heard this or can confirm.

He said that there are parts shortages for the Technology Package and that the first Continentals to arrive at his dealership with be pretty basic models without that option.  He indicated that it could be November before higher end fully equipped models would be delivered.  He also said that dealer allocation was based on past MKS sales and since their dealership (one of the largest in Minneapolis) had relatively low MKS sales, they would be limited as to how many Continentals they would get.  He offered to order me a car with no obligation to buy but went on to suggest waiting until later when production was at full speed.  

As for pricing, I have always started negotiation around invoice.  It usually does not take long to come to an agreement.   The sales manager I was chatting with said that would not work at this point - that unless I was willing to wait awhile, I would be looking at very close to MSRP.   Again, he suggested waiting a few months.  

I will likely visit another dealership to verify this info but I would welcome any comments. 

#24 OFFLINE   MKS2010

MKS2010

• Pip
  • 64 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2016 Expedition Platinum
  • Region:U.S. Mountain
  • LocationPhoenix

Posted 24 July 2016 - 09:11 PM

I had a nice visit with the sales manager at my Lincoln dealership yesterday.  I have bought 2 cars from him and have a good relationship.  He is one of the few dealership team members who really knows cars and is an enthusiast.  He shared some information and I am curious if anyone else has heard this or can confirm.

He said that there are parts shortages for the Technology Package and that the first Continentals to arrive at his dealership with be pretty basic models without that option.  He indicated that it could be November before higher end fully equipped models would be delivered.  He also said that dealer allocation was based on past MKS sales and since their dealership (one of the largest in Minneapolis) had relatively low MKS sales, they would be limited as to how many Continentals they would get.  He offered to order me a car with no obligation to buy but went on to suggest waiting until later when production was at full speed.  

As for pricing, I have always started negotiation around invoice.  It usually does not take long to come to an agreement.   The sales manager I was chatting with said that would not work at this point - that unless I was willing to wait awhile, I would be looking at very close to MSRP.   Again, he suggested waiting a few months.  

I will likely visit another dealership to verify this info but I would welcome any comments. 

I was at my dealer about 3 weeks ago. The only comment the manager made that I recall was that the 3.0 engine is detuned to about 350 HP in the Continental. I looked mostly at the MKX while I was there. I tried out both Revel sound systems and was fairly impressed with the Ultima version. The 22 way seats are also a must have.

#25 OFFLINE   brucelinc

brucelinc

MKS Member

• PipPip
  • 617 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis

Posted 25 July 2016 - 01:21 PM

I was at my dealer about 3 weeks ago. The only comment the manager made that I recall was that the 3.0 engine is detuned to about 350 HP in the Continental. I looked mostly at the MKX while I was there. I tried out both Revel sound systems and was fairly impressed with the Ultima version. The 22 way seats are also a must have.

Wow...that dealer is confused.  The front wheel drive MKZ 3.0 is 350 HP but the AWD version is 400.  The Continental does not offer the 350 HP version with front wheel drive.  They offer the 400 HP version with all wheel drive or the 2.7 twin turbo with front wheel drive.

#26 OFFLINE   Thomas

Thomas

Continental Member

• PipPip
  • 111 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 25 July 2016 - 07:13 PM

I would go to a new dealer

#27 OFFLINE   brucelinc

brucelinc

MKS Member

• PipPip
  • 617 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis

Posted 01 August 2016 - 01:21 PM

I wonder when we will see the first Continentals arrive at dealerships.  I am anxious to drive one.  I did test drive a 400 HP MKZ last week and I think the engine will be great but I hope and expect the Continental to have a better ride, quiet and overall "feel" than the MKZ.    Although the Z was a very nice car with many nice features, it still felt like a step down from my MKS in terms of solidity, quiet and ride comfort. 

• Jmt21022 likes this

#28 OFFLINE   Jmt21022

Jmt21022

• Pip
  • 66 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2011 MKS Ecoboost
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationMansfield, Ohio

Posted 01 August 2016 - 04:21 PM

brucelink, totally agree! I drove a 2016 MKZ as a loaner and I wasn't impressed with ride quality or the noise level. Saleman told me it's because the MKZ is supposed to be more a sporty ride. LOL. I told him my '03 LS was more sporty and was a better ride.

• brucelinc likes this

#29 OFFLINE   MKS2010

MKS2010

• Pip
  • 64 posts
  • LocationPhoenix

Posted 01 August 2016 - 06:18 PM

I wonder when we will see the first Continentals arrive at dealerships.  I am anxious to drive one.  I did test drive a 400 HP MKZ last week and I think the engine will be great but I hope and expect the Continental to have a better ride, quiet and overall "feel" than the MKZ.    Although the Z was a very nice car with many nice features, it still felt like a step down from my MKS in terms of solidity, quiet and ride comfort. 

I did a few searches and there are quite a few dealer ordered showing up. I didn't see any with the 3.0 engine though. I would expect some would hit the dealers before September if no issues show up?

• brucelinc likes this

#30 OFFLINE   brucelinc

brucelinc

MKS Member

• PipPip
  • 617 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis

Posted 01 August 2016 - 07:08 PM

I would be fine test driving a base model.  That should provide an accurate assessment of the ride, quietness, etc.  I am sure the 3.0 will be fine so I really don't need to test one with it.  My sales manager told me that they would likely have one in late August but it would not be for sale.  It would be there temporarily just for the sales staff to learn about it.  He told me that he would call me when they got it and that I could take it for a little drive.  

#31 OFFLINE   Thomas

Thomas

Continental Member

• PipPip
  • 111 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 02 August 2016 - 07:09 PM

good luck you will love it

#32 OFFLINE   Jmt21022

Jmt21022

• Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 07:36 PM

Salesman at the dealer I go to feels that they won't see a "Sellable" Continental until October or November.

They just got in a new MKZ and other than the retractable roof, it's pretty plain looking. since it wasn't ordered by a customer, they didn't get it with very many options. And it looks rather plain with silver painted wheels.

#33 OFFLINE   brucelinc

brucelinc

MKS Member

• PipPip
  • 617 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis

Posted 04 August 2016 - 09:07 PM

That is about the timetable that I am hearing, too.

Agree that the MKZ is not a good substitute for the Continental. Why they use cheap looking painted wheels on the top line Reserve MKZ is a mystery to me.

#34 OFFLINE   Jmt21022

Jmt21022

• Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 09:12 PM

Even the salesman I talked to was a little discouraged. He figured if they were going to bring one in to draw customers, at least get the wheel upgrade to go with the other chrome and the black paint.

#35 OFFLINE   MKS2010

MKS2010

• Pip
  • 64 posts
  • LocationPhoenix

Posted 05 August 2016 - 05:56 PM

Even the salesman I talked to was a little discouraged. He figured if they were going to bring one in to draw customers, at least get the wheel upgrade to go with the other chrome and the black paint.

My dealer is showing 25 in stock and more on order. Looks like a healthy mix, including 4 with 3.0T.

They have 2 Continentals showing on order, a Select and a Reserve. I don't know when they will be getting them.

#36 OFFLINE   Thomas

Thomas

Continental Member

• PipPip
  • 111 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 07 August 2016 - 02:14 AM

wow is it a big dealer?

#37 OFFLINE   shortspark

shortspark

• Continental Member
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Current Vehicle:ML350
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • LocationEast Texas

Posted 07 August 2016 - 03:19 AM

There is a dealer in the Dallas area that shows 45 MKZs in stock or on order (including a couple black labels in the showroom and several more coming).  They also show 5 Continentals which I assume are on order.  One of the Black Label MKZs interior is shown as "Chateau Merlot".  I don't think I've heard of that one.  Another BL MKZ they have has an interior called "Cashmere Venetian Star" and I have not heard of that one either.  Both of these have the V6.

#38 OFFLINE   Thomas

Thomas

Continental Member

• PipPip
  • 111 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 10 August 2016 - 07:34 PM

Chasmere sounds very expensive LOL

#39 OFFLINE   MKS2010

MKS2010

• Pip
  • 64 posts
  • LocationPhoenix

Posted 11 August 2016 - 05:47 PM

Chasmere sounds very expensive LOL

Sounds like someone got a little creative with the names. These are the "Vineyard" and "Chalet" themes.

#40 OFFLINE   Thomas

Thomas

Continental Member

• PipPip
  • 111 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 15 August 2016 - 01:52 AM

Sounds like someone got a little creative with the names. These are the "Vineyard" and "Chalet" themes.

Lol to many people paid to much money with to much time LOL

Custom Search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·