Welcome to the official Lincoln Continental Club
- approved by the Lincoln Motor Company -

Custom Search

The 2017 Lincoln Continental Forum is Here

Welcome to Lincoln Continental Forum - Lincoln Continental Registry

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to the Lincoln Continental Forum and the Lincoln Continental Club. Like most online communities, you must register to create topics or post in our community. The sign up process is simple, fast, free and requires minimal information for you to signup.

Lincoln Continental Club Benefits Include:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create photo albums and post photos. . .more!
Click here to create an account or login with Posted Image

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Great Features

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   ctrcbob

ctrcbob

Continental Member

• Continental Club Member
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 02:28 PM

After posting about things I don't like on the 2017 Continental, I now want to start a thread about features and things that are good or great, as I think about them.

This car has a GREAT A/C System. One of the best I've ever had. Now that the hot humid season has started in Central Florida, the A/C functions great.

Have not been out to my place in Roswell NM with this car yet, (or go Phoenix AZ) but I m sure the A/C can handle it. Have not taken a long trip yet as I cancelled my trip up to WNY. Hope to go to WNY later this summer.

Car has a HUGE Rear Seat area. So huge, I tell people that I'm going to hang a red light in there.

As I think of more good features, I'll post. I'm sure others here will post good features.
Bob CTRC
USN Ret.

Mt. Dora, FL (It Could Be Better)
Penfield, NY (A Quiet Suburb)
Roswell, NM (Alien Central)

2017 Continental Select
2015 Brand-X

#2 OFFLINE   Town

Town

• Continental Member
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  • 2017+ Continental Owners:2.7L GTDI
  • Current Vehicle:2017 Lincoln Continental Reserve 2.7 AWD
  • Region:Canada Ontario
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 01 June 2017 - 04:15 PM

The Continental is extremely comfortable with the suspension soaking up every road irregularity.

Seats are spectacularly comfortable and adjustable (24 way) to get just the right position.

Extremely quiet cabin.

The HVAC with triple zone automatic temerature control is awsome, so powerful and extremely quiet. The heated and cooled front seats help a lot and the heated rear seats will help rear passengers. The driver has the heated steering wheel which is even more awsome than I expected.

It is a large size car (S class Mercedes) with lots of space for passengers and cargo, that handles very well.

The engine and transmission are very smooth and quiet and the 2.7 twin turbo has a lot of go right off the line. The engine warms up very quickly partly due to the electronic shutter grill in front of rad that closes when engine is cold to stop airflow through rad and opens fully when engine is at operating temperature. Oil filter on top of engine aids maintenance.

The AWD system is spectacular, starts in 4 wheel drive mode and by 40 kph transits to FWD if in summer conditions and you cannot feel any change.

Fuel economy is exceptional as I just got an average of 7.9 liters per 100 kilometers on a trip.

The electronic door latches are fantastic to use, so much nicer than the mechanical type and safer when exiting the vehicle since you have one hand on the door pull and thumb on button so door does not need 2 hands to exit safely when a wind is blowing.

The technology is right up to date with easy to use features, adaptive cruise is awesome, crash avoidance by braking works spectacularly with so many idiots on the road, lane keeping warning and assist is there to help but is unobtrusive, car self parks front to back and parallel so that is spectacular, rear view camera and front view camera help the driver and so does the 360 view from front, rear and under mirrors cameras and they give a nice audible and visual coloured lighted warning, the list of great features just goes on and on.

The  dash display can be customised to suit the driver and provides an incredible amount of info at one time, you can even see the 4 tire pressures presented graphically with digital readout for all 4. Makes the cost of TPMS seem worthwhile since it is accurate too.

The entertainment system (Sync 3) is excellent with the easy to use Nav a highlight, Revel audio works perfectly and keeps the sound level at all speeds the same as when parked with engine off. There are so many usb and other connections everywhere. Pairing a phone is easy and there is radio muting automatically. The voice commands take a little getting used to but are helpful when driving, but I need more practice with it..

The 2017 Lincoln Continental is great and the perfect car for me.

• brucelinc and Twinguin like this

#3 OFFLINE   brucelinc

brucelinc

MKS Member

• PipPip
  • 614 posts
  • 2017+ Continental Owners:3.0L GTID
  • Current Vehicle:2017 Continental Reserve 3.0
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationMinneapolis

Posted 02 June 2017 - 01:25 PM

For the most part, I agree with both of you guys - although maybe not quite as enthusiastic as Town.   My favorite features are the e-latch doors and the seat comfort.  The thigh extenders are terrific.   All of the tech works great.  I am pleased with the adaptive cruise.    I have not used the parking assist and likely never will.   

How one feels about the car could be dependent upon what they were driving before.  I had a Lincoln MKS that I loved.  In many ways, the Continental is superior but some of the gains are small.  In terms of ride comfort and quietness, the differences are very small.  The Continental definitely steers with more precision and handles better, though.    It is much more nimble that I expected for such a heavy car.

• Twinguin likes this

#4 OFFLINE   Twinguin

Twinguin

• Pip
  • 36 posts
  • Current Vehicle:1999 Renault Megane Convertible (222'222km), 2012 Toyota GT86 (77'777km), 2018 Mustang GT Convertible
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationMetro Detroit Area

Posted 02 June 2017 - 03:21 PM

What I do like most about the Conti, in this particular order:

• The engine (3.0L V6 in my case) - a blast and enough power to haul the yacht. And for a turbo-charged engine the response is really quick. Plus the paddles just in case.
  • The comfort in Comfort Mode - best for cruising down the highway (and bad Michigan roads).
  • The quietness - this is close to S-Class level, not bad, not bad.
  • The unique-ness - even in Metro Detroit it is a rare car.

-- 

"There is a curse. They say, may you live in intersting times!", Terry Pratchett

#5 OFFLINE   ctrcbob

ctrcbob

Continental Member

• PipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 03 June 2017 - 03:01 PM

While fooling near the headlight switch, my finger hit a small button and out pops a small drawer. Perfect for loose change or anything small. Just to the right and below the headlight switch.
Bob CTRC
USN Ret.

Mt. Dora, FL (It Could Be Better)
Penfield, NY (A Quiet Suburb)
Roswell, NM (Alien Central)

2017 Continental Select
2015 Brand-X

#6 OFFLINE   Town

Town

• Continental Member
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  • 2017+ Continental Owners:2.7L GTDI
  • Current Vehicle:2017 Lincoln Continental Reserve 2.7 AWD
  • Region:Canada Ontario
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 03 June 2017 - 04:18 PM

For the most part, I agree with both of you guys - although maybe not quite as enthusiastic as Town.   My favorite features are the e-latch doors and the seat comfort.  The thigh extenders are terrific.   All of the tech works great.  I am pleased with the adaptive cruise.    I have not used the parking assist and likely never will.   

How one feels about the car could be dependent upon what they were driving before.  I had a Lincoln MKS that I loved.  In many ways, the Continental is superior but some of the gains are small.  In terms of ride comfort and quietness, the differences are very small.  The Continental definitely steers with more precision and handles better, though.    It is much more nimble that I expected for such a heavy car.

My previous car was a 2007 Lincoln Town Car which had "Quiet Luxury" and a very comfortable ride. I looked at the  MKS through several iterations and did not like it at all and would not buy it. The Continental came out as a design exercise that I liked very much, then a prototype and when I drove the Continental I was blown away. It continued the  Quiet luxury of the Town Car but added so much more. 

#7 OFFLINE   brucelinc

brucelinc

MKS Member

• PipPip
  • 614 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis

Posted 04 June 2017 - 01:06 AM

While fooling near the headlight switch, my finger hit a small button and out pops a small drawer. Perfect for loose change or anything small.
Just to the right and below the headlight switch.

Well, I just learned something! I had no idea that was there. Good catch!

#8 OFFLINE   brucelinc

brucelinc

MKS Member

• PipPip
  • 614 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis

Posted 04 June 2017 - 01:27 PM

I just thought of a couple of other things that I like.  They are not exactly revolutionary but I like the Lincoln way app and the hands free trunk.  

Custom Search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·