Welcome to the official Lincoln Continental Club
- approved by the Lincoln Motor Company -

Custom Search

The 2017 Lincoln Continental Forum is Here

Welcome to Lincoln Continental Forum - Lincoln Continental Registry

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to the Lincoln Continental Forum and the Lincoln Continental Club. Like most online communities, you must register to create topics or post in our community. The sign up process is simple, fast, free and requires minimal information for you to signup.

Lincoln Continental Club Benefits Include:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create photo albums and post photos. . .more!
Click here to create an account or login with Posted Image

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Disable Rear Console

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   simon562

simon562

• Continental Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • 2017+ Continental Owners:3.0L GTID
  • Current Vehicle:Continental
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationNC

Posted 05 July 2017 - 02:56 PM

I haven't been able to find anything in the manual on how to disable the rear console. While the kids love it, at times I would like to be able to take control out of their hands and into mine. Can this be done? If not, can it be disconnected?

#2 OFFLINE   Town

Town

• Continental Member
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  • 2017+ Continental Owners:2.7L GTDI
  • Current Vehicle:2017 Lincoln Continental Reserve 2.7 AWD
  • Region:Canada Ontario
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 06 July 2017 - 01:03 AM

I haven't been able to find anything in the manual on how to disable the rear console. While the kids love it, at times I would like to be able to take control out of their hands and into mine. Can this be done? If not, can it be disconnected?

I have not found the manual to be that helpful either.

The control you want is in the Sync3 features accessed through the main screen. In the lower portion is a set of icons for phone, Nav, etc, the one you want is the Climate icon that looks like temperature gauge. Press that and you will see your HVAC setup. In my case it shows Auto in top left for driver and dual in top right for separate passenger controls, and in the center it shows Auto for the rear passengers settings. To the right and below (the auto icon) is a button that shows 1 to 3 horizontal lines (fan control, 3 in my case for high fan speed) so just press that button and you will be taken to the rear HVAC controls. In the center are some options, the bottom one disables the rear controls and sets a light in the center of the rear console with an icon showing a fan and a lock. The rear controls are now deactivated. But the settings are as defined in the main display for max fan speed, temperature and air distribution set to auto for best performance.

I did this 3 months ago with my dealer to learn the car controls. I have the rear controls active because my grand children are still in baby or booster seats so cannot change the settings. My time will come, so if I have not explained the process well then let me know and I will check again.

Good luck.

#3 OFFLINE   simon562

simon562

• Continental Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • 2017+ Continental Owners:3.0L GTID
  • Current Vehicle:Continental
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationNC

Posted 12 July 2017 - 06:55 PM

Thank you for the response. I was actually trying to disable the audio controls in the back. Kids are taking control of the music!

#4 OFFLINE   polo

polo

• Continental Member
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Lincoln/Cadillac
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationMidwest

Posted 08 March 2018 - 06:06 PM

Thank you for the response. I was actually trying to disable the audio controls in the back. Kids are taking control of the music!

LOL, yeah, I was looking for the same thing!

Custom Search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·