Welcome to the official Lincoln Continental Club
- approved by the Lincoln Motor Company -

Custom Search

The 2017 Lincoln Continental Forum is Here

Welcome to Lincoln Continental Forum - Lincoln Continental Registry

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to the Lincoln Continental Forum and the Lincoln Continental Club. Like most online communities, you must register to create topics or post in our community. The sign up process is simple, fast, free and requires minimal information for you to signup.

Lincoln Continental Club Benefits Include:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create photo albums and post photos. . .more!
Click here to create an account or login with Posted Image

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

20" Wheels

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Elijahbird7

Elijahbird7

• Continental Club Member
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
  • Current Vehicle:16 MKX
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 02 September 2017 - 11:51 AM

My '16 MKX is having an alarm triggering for no reason issue. The Battery was showing only 523 CCA out oF 730, so Battery was replaced. Loaner was a basic MKX, with no options. 2 days later, alarm again, this time the wiring harness in left rear door was replaced, 3 days later alarm again. Anyway, I asked if they had any more interesting Loaners for the 3rd return to dealer, the Service Manager said he would get me a "Date Night" Continental Reserve I could keep for 2 days. 2.7L highly optioned car. Really enjoyed driving it, but don't particularly like the look of the 20" wheels that have that gray coating that makes them look like brake dust needs to be cleaned off. I like wheels to be either a bright silver or polished aluminum look, and definitely will consider buying a Continental at some point. My brother has a 2012 MKS with the 20" wheels that are a very nice polished aluminum that really shine. Would those wheels fit the Continental? I sometimes see them for sale on eBay, so that may be a solution if they are the right size. I just wish Lincoln would have some options I like, but they continue to have more and more dark wheels, like the 20" option on the 2017 MKC...only their 19" wheel option would work for me. After I returned the "Date Night" Continental yesterday afternoon, they gave me a 3.0L 400 HP MKZ Reserve with AWD. Don't like the wheels on it much either, but that car is a "rocket". The Service Manager has gone out of his way to give me some interesting cars, since they still have no real idea what is causing my alarm to trigger. It may be the switch in the left rear door handle, but time will tell.

#2 OFFLINE   brucelinc

brucelinc

MKS Member

• PipPip
  • 616 posts
  • 2017+ Continental Owners:3.0L GTID
  • Current Vehicle:2017 Continental Reserve 3.0
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationMinneapolis

Posted 02 September 2017 - 02:17 PM

I agree with you on the wheels.  I think Lincoln has gone backwards in that regard.   I think the wheels for the MKZ are particularly bad compared to what was available on the 2016s.  

#3 OFFLINE   Elijahbird7

Elijahbird7

• Pip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 02 September 2017 - 04:17 PM

I suppose they are trying to appeal to the younger crowd, but they need to make some options for us old guys who would never put blackwall tires on their 50's classic cars. The MKS 20" wheels really appeal to me, and give the right "bling" to my brother's car.

#4 OFFLINE   Elijahbird7

Elijahbird7

• Pip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 02 September 2017 - 04:19 PM

The wheels on my MKZ loaner are the 20 spoke light gray wheels, no shine at all.

Custom Search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·